The standard port 21 is used for plain FTP connection to us, port 22 for SFTP. But there are different methods to connect to islandhosting.com web servers via FTP:
- Use your cPanel username and password and connect to the islandhosting.com server you are using, example: saturna.islandhosting.com
- Use your cPanel username and password and connect to your domain name that is pointed at an islandhosting.com
Acquiring your Cpanel credentials:
- After logging into islandhosting, go to the account menu and click My Services.
- Once on your services page, click view details
On this page you will find the server name (Just add ".islandhosting.com to the end of the server name) or the server IP, your Cpanel username and password. You may also use your primary domain as a hostname to connect to.
- Create an FTP account in cPanel and point it to the folder you want it to come in on when you connect, if you want to give it access to all files in the account put /
Also ReadFinding Cpanel and Credentials
Importing a MySQL database via Command Line (SSH)
Adding a subdomain and setting up a redirect for it
What PHP Versions Islandhosting.com supports and how to set them.
How to force HTTPS using the .htaccess file